By Robert K. Rowe, Kristin Adair Nixon, Paul W. Butler (auth.), Nalini K. Ratha BTech, MTech, PhD, Venu Govindaraju BTech, MS, PhD (eds.)
Biometrics know-how maintains to stride ahead with its wider recognition and its genuine want in a number of new defense features of recent society. From easily going surfing to a computer to crossing the border of a rustic, biometrics is being referred to as upon to satisfy the growing to be demanding situations of id management.
With contributions from academia and by way of major foreign specialists within the box, this special ebook offers a entire therapy of biometrics and gives assurance of the full gamut of themes within the box, together with information acquisition, pattern-matching algorithms, and matters that impression on the method point, akin to criteria, protection, networks, and databases. it's been equipped below 3 sections: sensors, advances in biometric matching algorithms, and issues that take care of concerns on the platforms level.
• contains new algorithmic advances, together with physiological biometrics (face from video, iris at a distance) and behavioral (handwriting, voice) and a strikingly novel modality in headprint biometrics
• includes new modalities for study, similar to infrared and multispectral imaging
• provides numerous chapters at the a lot missed sector in terms of the sensors themselves for a number of the biometric modalities
• Emphasizes the advances and state of the art applied sciences throughout
• Discusses structures point either from a human-factors viewpoint and the viewpoint of networking, databases, privateness and anti-spoofing
• comprises chapters dedicated to touchless picture catch, ultrasonic imaging and swipe methods
Written for researchers and complex scholars, this a lot wanted concise quantity is a perfect instrument to take advantage of as a prepared reference and captures the very newest in cutting-edge study, offering readers with a broader and deeper figuring out of the topic.
Dr Nalini okay. Ratha is a study employees Member on the IBM Thomas J. Watson examine middle, long island. He co-edited the profitable Automatic Fingerprint popularity Systems and in addition co-authored A advisor to Biometrics choice and approach Design
Professor Venu Govindaraju is Director on the heart for Unified Biometrics and Sensors (CUBS), collage at Buffalo, kingdom collage of latest York.
Read or Download Advances in Biometrics: Sensors, Algorithms and Systems PDF
Similar algorithms books
Info constructions and Algorithms Interview Questions you will probably Be requested is an ideal significant other to face forward above the remaining in today’s aggressive activity industry. instead of dealing with entire, textbook-sized reference publications, this publication contains in simple terms the knowledge required instantly for task seek to construct an IT occupation.
A number of constructions, resembling structures, bridges, stadiums, paved roads, and offshore buildings, play an incredible position in our lives. even if, developing those constructions calls for plenty of price range. hence, how you can cost-efficiently layout them whereas pleasant all of the layout constraints is a crucial issue to structural engineers.
This booklet constitutes the refereed complaints of the thirteenth Annual eu Symposium on Algorithms, ESA 2005, held in Palma de Mallorca, Spain, in September 2005 within the context of the mixed convention ALGO 2005. The seventy five revised complete papers awarded including abstracts of three invited lectures have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 244 submissions.
- Evolutionary Computations: New Algorithms and their Applications to Evolutionary Robots
- Randomized Algorithms for Analysis and Control of Uncertain Systems
- Calendrical Calculations (3rd Edition)
- Engineering Mathematics
- Algorithms and Models for the Web Graph: 12th International Workshop, WAW 2015, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, December 10-11, 2015, Proceedings
- Randomized Algorithms
Extra info for Advances in Biometrics: Sensors, Algorithms and Systems
Ring-mirror touchless device proposed by TBS. of the ﬁngerprint. Using a log-polar transformation, the circular slices are mapped to rectangular ones to facilitate further image processing. The rectangular slices are then combined using correlation to obtain the reconstructed rolled-equivalent ﬁngerprint. Before the correlation, each slice must be corrected to reduce the distortions caused by the variation of the ﬁnger position within the ring during capture. In fact, if the ﬁnger comes closer to the mirror, the ridge–valley pattern is narrower than when the ﬁnger moves away from it.
Touchless ﬁngerprint technology is not free from this problem. Indeed, the capture principle simpliﬁes the method of and the tools for the attack. Whereas for contact-based sensors a ﬁngerprint must be replicated preserving the 3D ridge–valley structure by the use of special materials (gelatin, silicon, or latex), in the case of the touchless approach, a 2D picture or a simple drawing of a ﬁngerprint on a matte paper presented in front of the sensor camera is suﬃcient to attack the system and grant access.
6. 7. 2 Intrinsic Problems of Contact-Based Fingerprint Imaging Contact-based ﬁngerprint imaging (CFI) sensors have been improved over time to create a solid basis of positive identiﬁcation and/or veriﬁcation of one’s identity. However, CFI incorporates some key problems that can lead to false matching or false nonmatching. In Jain and Pankanti (2001), the authors highlight the problems intrinsic to the CFI technology. • Nonuniform contact: The captured ﬁngerprint would be perfect if ridges were always in contact with the platen and valleys were always separated from it.