By Sinclair Hood, David Smyth
Read or Download Archaeological Survey of the Knossos Area (British School of Archaeology , Athens, Publications) PDF
Similar archaeology books
The first examine to assemble this kind of breadth of information, this booklet compares responses to colonization within the Iron-Age Mediterranean.
From North Syria to Sicily and North Africa, Tamar Hodos explores the responses to those colonies in parts the place Greeks and Phoenicians have been in festival with each other through a similar neighborhood communities.
Highlighting the range of curiosity displayed through neighborhood populations in those overseas cultural supplying, Hodos charts their selective edition, amendment and reinterpretation of Greek and Phoenician items and ideas as their very own cultures evolve.
For scholars of archaeology and background, this can supply a necessary source for his or her measure path studies.
During this long-awaited compendium of recent and newly revised essays, Alison Wylie explores how archaeologists recognize what they understand. interpreting the heritage and technique of Anglo-American archaeology, Wylie places the tumultuous debates of the final thirty years in ancient and philosophical viewpoint.
Iron Age fable and Materiality: an Archaeology of Scandinavia advert 400-1000 considers the connection among fable and materiality in Scandinavia from the start of the post-Roman period and the eu Migrations up till the arriving of Christianity. It pursues an interdisciplinary interpretation of textual content and fabric tradition and examines how the documentation of an oral prior pertains to its fabric embodiment.
This quantity provides a number of idiographic, archaeological reports of vernacular watercraft from North the USA and the Caribbean. instead of try to synthesize all vernacular kinds, this quantity specializes in send building information recovered via archaeological investigations that has been used to make inferences approximately tradition.
- Nomads in Archaeology
- Organizing Bronze Age Societies: The Mediterranean, Central Europe, and Scandanavia Compared
- Lives in Ruins: Archaeologists and the Seductive Lure of Human Rubble
- Palaeolithic Cave Art at Creswell Crags in European Context
- Early Pottery: Technology, Function, Style, and Interaction in the Lower Southeast
- Prehistoric and Protohistoric Cyprus: Identity, Insularity, and Connectivity
Additional info for Archaeological Survey of the Knossos Area (British School of Archaeology , Athens, Publications)
28. BSA vi (1899-1900) 81. PM ii 559. 30. 564. Keview lhe lown Manning m Crete7, Town Planning 'Prehistoric 31. R. W. Hutchinson, xxino. 3(1950) 206. ot areaol settlement 32. Renfrew, 238,and237 Table 14. V, fortheestimated Emergence sites. otherAegeanprehistoric au moyenage (fans, 33. Renfrew, Emergence240. F. Thinet,La Romanievénitienne 268. 1959) 34. PM ii 560 f. 238. 35. Quotedby Renfrew, Emergence 30 36. PM ii 562. 37. F. Thiriet, op. note33, 268. ii 343. 38. Pashleyii202,325. lxii(1967) 341 note14.
G. Spanakis, Monumenti Istoriasii (Herakleion, tisKritikis 1950) 26 ff. 96. BSA vi (1899-1900) 80 f. 32 RomanCrete83 forothersat 97. Sanders, MátalaandGortyna. 98. AR 1968-69, 21 f. 99. KSD 107. ,236. 100. Sanders, RomanCrete40, 182. 101. Sanders, KCh 1961-62, 47-58 esp. ,SosoLogiadou-Platonos, butwithcaution. S. W. Shaw, MinoanArchitecture: xxxiii(1971)) (Rome,1973) 30 ff. 403 pl. 364 a. 131 A opp. 230: 'Traces ofAncient Quarries'. AM xi (1886) 138 note2. E. ; il 62. Shaw,op. Whatsoundslikea similarunderground quarry, to theRomanperiod(KCh 1973,464).
Xii). But the plan in PM ii opp. 547 has 'L. M. 3a Tholos Tombs' markedby fourred circles. E/F 4 28. LATE MINOAN III CHAMBER TOMBS (SELLOPOULO TOMBS 1 AND 2) with burials assigned to L. M. Ill A 2 - III B, excavated by N. Platon and G. L. Huxley in 1957 (AR 1957, 24 f. BCH lxxxii (1958) 786 f. Pini 85: XXVI (1)). 29. LATE MINOAN III CHAMBER TOMBS (SELLOPOULO TOMBS 3 AND 4) about 100 metres east of 28, with burials assigned to early L. M. Ill A, excavated by M. Popham in 1968 (BSA lxix (1974) 195-257; lxxi (1976) 21-3.